As a socially conscious landscape designer, I am always trying to get to know my clients because that is where most of my design inspiration comes from. My perceptive approach to design developed in graduate school, as I worked on my thesis regarding the promotion of public parks and street spaces in inner-city neighborhoods. My design proposal was truly a democratic one, and the same philosophy applies to the residential work that I have done and continue to do. As I grow as a professional, I want to help my clients see what I see - creative and specific solutions that are unique to my clients' personalities, likes, and stories.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Sketchbook in New Zealand, Summer 2009, Part I

Hello Everyone,
Thought I should post these sketches I did while I was in New Zealand last summer. These sketches are a tribute to a beloved friend and mentor of mine, who passed away recently. Carl was a very talented architect and artist, and he had an immense passion for the outdoors. I am forever grateful to him, for what he taught me, and for his loving friendship and invaluable guidance. To Carl With Love.  -Julie An




1 comment:

  1. This is a very sweet to dedication to Carl. I am very touched by this, Julie, more than you'll ever know. Deja vous, I'm missing him all over again, again and again. He would be very proud of your accomplishments and directions you have taken in your career and your personal life. Thank you for giving so much back.

    ReplyDelete