As a socially conscious landscape designer, I am always trying to get to know my clients because that is where most of my design inspiration comes from. My perceptive approach to design developed in graduate school, as I worked on my thesis regarding the promotion of public parks and street spaces in inner-city neighborhoods. My design proposal was truly a democratic one, and the same philosophy applies to the residential work that I have done and continue to do. As I grow as a professional, I want to help my clients see what I see - creative and specific solutions that are unique to my clients' personalities, likes, and stories.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tudor Gardens: Concept 2

The second concept of Tudor Gardens is also formal but it integrates contemporary elements such as diagonal lines, acute angles, and recycled crushed glass. The prophetic glass was inspired by the existing greenhouse in the rear garden. This material is repeated in the front garden, where it flanks the main path with ribbons of New Zealand Flax that are reminiscent of the classic Tudor bands of the house.

Front Garden - Plan
Rear Garden - Plan

Rear Garden - Before
Rear Garden -After  

No comments:

Post a Comment